GS12170 4K HDMI Bridge
New ASIC bridge chip from Semtech Corporation solves the problem of SDI/HDMI conversion at 4K in a small footprint, low power, low cost ASIC
The GS12170 4K HDMI bridge is a single-chip solution for converting HDMI signals to SDI, or vice versa. When paired with Semtech’s industry-leading 12G UHD-SDI reclocking cable equalisers and cable drivers, a long-reach, high-performance, low-power SDI connection, to otherwise HDMI-centric Integrated Signal Processors (ISPs), becomes possible with substantially reduced design complexity and time-to-market.
The GS12170 is the enabler to move from HD to 4K for low-cost HDMI extenders, by eliminating the need for costly FPGAs. Reach is over 100m of UHD-rated coaxial cable, when paired with Semtech’s GS12341 reclocking SDI adaptive UHD-SDI cable equalizer and GS12281 reclocking UHD-SDI cable driver, all while offering significantly lower power consumption than previously possible.
GS12170 features include:
- Conversion of HDMI to SDI, SDI to HDMI, or SDI to SDI (gearbox) in a single chip
- Full support for video formats compatible with SDI from HD-SDI to 12G UHD-SDI, including both single-link and multi-link connections
- Support for formats up to 4Kp60 4:2:2 YCbCr 10-bit (UHDTV-1)
- Support for RGB, 4:4:4, and 12-bit interfaces
- Automatic HDMI and SDI audio embedding and de-embedding
- Dedicated I2S audio pins for up to 16-channels of audio at 48 kHz sampling frequency;
8-channels of audio at 96 kHz sampling frequency
- Automatic handling and conversion between SMPTE ST 352 Stream ID and CTA 861 Infoframes
- Dedicated high-speed ancillary data interface for handing large meta-data payloads
- Dedicated SMPTE Timecode generation and insertion
Combining the benefits of low-power operation with a small footprint, the GS12170 is ideal for integration in 4K monitors, cameras, extenders, format converters, production switchers, and other AV equipment. In addition to direct interfacing to HDMI ISPs, the GS12170 can be used to add low-cost HDMI confidence-monitoring to applications where dedicated SDI monitoring may be cost prohibitive.
Semtech provides detailed device specifications, reference design kits, and reliability qualification reports through the mySemtech Document Portal (http://mysemtech.com). For any assistance in accessing more information please contact any of the L2tek team or email us at email@example.comGS12170 product page Visit Semtech GS12170