The GS2961A is a multi-rate SDI integrated Equalizer-Receiver which includes complete SMPTE processing, as per SMPTE 425M (Level A and Level B), SMPTE 424M, 292M and SMPTE 259M-C.
The SMPTE processing features can be bypassed to support signals with other coding schemes.
The GS2961A integrates Gennum’s next-generation state-of-the-art adaptive cable equalization technology, achieving unprecedented cable lengths and jitter tolerance. It features DC restoration to compensate for the DC content of SMPTE pathological signals.
- Integrated adaptive cable equalizer
- Integrated Reclocker with low phase noise, integrated VCO
- Typical equalized length of Belden 1694A cable:
- 150m at 2.97Gbps
- 230m at 1.485Gbps
- 440m at 270Mbps
- Operation at 2.97Gbps, 2.97/1.001Gbps, 1.485Gbps, 1.485/1.001Gbps and 270Mbps
- Supports SMPTE 425M (Level A and Level B), SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M-C and DVB-ASI
- Serial digital reclocked, or non-reclocked output
- Ancillary data extraction
- Optional conversion from SMPTE 425M Level B to Level A for 1080p 50/60 4:2:2 10-bit
- Parallel data bus selectable as either 20-bit or 10-bit
- Comprehensive error detection and correction features
- Output H, V, F or CEA 861 Timing Signals
- 1.2V digital core power supply, 1.2V and 3.3V analog power supplies, and selectable 1.8V or 3.3V I/O power supply
- GSPI Host Interface
- -20°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- Low power operation (typically 515mW)
- Small 11mm x 11mm 100-ball BGA package
- Pb-free and ROHS compliant