- Integrated low noise VCO and integrated ClockCleanerTM
- SMPTE video processing including TRS calculation and insertion, line number calculation and insertion, line based CRC calculation and insertion, illegal code re-mapping, SMPTE 352M payload identifier generation and insertion
- Integrated cable driver
- Supports SMPTE 425M (Level A and Level B), SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M-C and DVB-ASI
- Operation at 2.970Gb/s, 2.970/1.001Gb/s, 1.485Gb/s, 1.485/1.001Gb/s and 270Mb/s
- Ancillary data insertion
- Optional conversion from SMPTE 425M Level A to Level B for 1080p 50/60 4:2:2 10-bit
- Parallel data bus selectable as either 20-bit or 10-bit
- GSPI Host Interface
- 1.2V digital core power supply, 1.2V and 3.3V analog power supplies, and selectable 1.8V or 3.3V I/O power supply
- -20°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- Low power operation (370 mW typical, including cable driver)
- Small 11mm x 11mm 100-ball BGA package
- Pb-free and ROHS compliant
The GS2962 is an SDI transmitter, generating a SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M-C or DVB-ASI compliant serial digital output signal.
The integrated ClockCleaner™ allows the device to accept parallel clocks with high input jitter, and still provide a SMPTE compliant serial digital output.
The device can operate in four basic user selectable modes: SMPTE mode, DVB-ASI mode, Data-Through mode, or Standby mode.
In SMPTE mode, the GS2962 performs all SMPTE processing features. Both SMPTE 425M Level A and Level B formats are supported with optional conversion from Level A to Level B for 1080p 50/60 4:2:2 10-bit.
In DVB-ASI mode, the device will perform 8b/10b encoding prior to transmission.
In Data-Through mode, all SMPTE and DVB-ASI processing is disabled. The device can be used as a simple parallel to serial converter.
The device can also operate in a lower power Standby mode. In this mode, no signal is generated at the output.
The GS2962 includes a fully SMPTE-compliant cable driver for SMPTE 259M-C, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 424M interfaces. It features automatic dual slew-rate selection, depending on 3G-, HD- or SD-SDI operational requirements.