New AVX transceiver delivers point-to-point connectivity extending bidirectional 4K video, audio, and control on cat-x and fibre
Semtech, a leading supplier of high performance analogue and mixed signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms, today announced its new AVX chipset series. Pushing the envelope on multimedia connectivity between AV equipment and remote displays, AVX simultaneously transmits uncompressed-quality 4K-video, multi-channel audio, Gigabit Ethernet, USB, and other control signals over cat-x or fibre cabling.
The AVX series includes two interoperable chipsets, the copper-only AVX100 and the AVX200T, providing the industry’s first bidirectional video transmission capability over a single fibre or copper cable and a built-in processing engine for broadcast quality, scaling and video wall processing.
- Extension of audio, video, GbE and control signals between AV equipment (e.g. sources, display, AV matrix switches)
- Full range of formats including 4K/60 RGB 4:4:4, HDR, 3D & broadcast friendly 4K/60 10-bit 4:2:2
- HDMI audio embedding, de-embedding and breakaway
- Integrated USB, RS-232, IR, GPIO and CEC
- Broadcast quality scaling, colour space conversion and frame rate conversion*
- Video wall processing with bezel correction*
- Audio down-mixing engine from multi-channel PCM audio to stereo*
- Up to 200m range over cat-x with PoE using compatible phy and cable type
- Up to 550m range over multi-mode fibre and 40+ km range over single mode fibre*
- Less than 0.1 milliseconds latency at maximum cable reach
- Transceiver capability for bidirectional video on a single cable*
* AVX200T version
The AVX chipsets will be integrated into products such as AV transmitters, AV receivers, AV matrix switchers, presentation switchers, video wall controllers, and other AV equipment to address a variety of market applications including AV/KVM extension, AV/KVM matrix switching and video wall processing. Unlike incumbent technologies, each AVX chipsets is configurable as a transmitter or receiver (AVX100), or as a transmitter and receiver (AVX200T), greatly simplifying procurement and supply chain management.