Founded in 1996, AverLogic Technologies is a fabless semiconductor company with headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan. Specialised in high-performance application specific memory and video processing circuits, the Company has design centres in San Jose, California USA, and Taipei, Taiwan.
Together with its foundry partners, AverLogic utilises advanced CMOS technology and its own mixed signal design expertise to bring to market a full range of feature rich solutions.
Current products include a wide array of video frame buffers, video decoders, LCD display controllers, format converters and highly integrated video processors. More recently, the company has added a 4K UHD Video Processing SoC, a 4K2K Video FIFO Memory, an H.264 Codec HD Video Streaming SoC, and a Full HD Video Conversion SoC to its lineup of video solutions.
The company´s products are available from a worldwide network of representatives and distributors. AverLogic has been publicly listed on the Taiwan OTC Stock Exchange since 2002 (TOSE: 6198).
AverLogic’s AL582 is a multi-functional video streaming SOC. It includes video compression codec, SD card controller, WiFi controller, embedded DDR memory, embedded MCU, video processing engine, RGB DAC and TV encoder.
The AL582 features a stable, well-defined developer interface to help with timely, efficient development to get your product on the fast-track to market.
- Embedded MCU80251 (OS not necessary), H.264 encoder/decoder
- Data and Control Interfaces: SDIO for SD card, SPI for Wi-Fi/RF module, Low voltage detection for battery, UART, interrupt and GPIO for MCU user interface control.
- H.264 720p codec, scaling, de-interlacing, format conversion, video freeze, zoom, flip, mirror, rotation, motion detection and more.
- Inputs: RGB888, BT.1120, YCbCr, BT.656
- Outputs: RGB888, BT.1120, YCbCr, BT.656, Analog RGB DAC, CVBS
- Four 10-bit ADC, AGC & ACC (Automatic Clamping Control)
- Supports Auto Multi-Standard NTSC/PAL/SECAM mode detection
- Supports Weak & Non-Standard Signal mode detection
- Adaptive 2D Comb-Filter video decoding for Y/C separation
- Closed Caption/V-Chip/WSS/WSS-J VBI decoding
- Macrovision copy protection detection
- Contrast/Brightness/Hue/Saturation adjustment
- Digital Chrominance Transient Improvement (DCTI)
4-Decoder Mode (A, B, C and D)
- 4 analog CVBS inputs for each of the 4 Video Decoders
- Standard ITU-R BT 656 format 8-bit outputs
2-Decoder Mode (A and C)
- Each of the 2 Video Decoders support CVBS, S-Video inputs
- Standard ITU-R BT 656 format 8-bit outputs
- 1.8V core logic, 3.3V I/O with 5V tolerance
- Controlled via 2-wire serial-bus interfaces. All 4 video decoders require only one serial-bus interface and share one slave address
- Requires only one crystal for all 4 video decoders
- Supports interrupt output pin for hardware mode detection
- Built-in Test Pattern Generator
- Low power consumption
- Small-size package LQFP-80
The AL422 is a video frame memory used to buffer audio/video/graphic data for digital processing, timing correction, or format conversion. It is manufactured with state-of-the-art embedded DRAM technology for applications in TVs, VCRs, scan converters, and digital video systems.
The AL422 consists of 3Mbits of DRAM, and is configured as 393,216 words x 8 bit FIFO (first in first out). The high speed and low power consumption are achieved by using 0.35 micron process technology with embedded EDO dynamic memory. The interface is very user-friendly since all complicated DRAM operations are already managed by the internal DRAM controller
- 384K (393,216) x 8 bits FIFO organization
- Supports VGA and CCIR resolutions
- Independent read/write operations (different I/O data rates acceptable)
- High speed asynchronous serial access
- Read/write cycle time: 20 ns
- Access time: 15 ns
- Output enable control (data skipping)
- 5V or 3.3V power supply
- Standard 28-pin SOP package
AverLogic’s AL361 is a multi-channel stream System-on-a-Chip (SoC) keen on providing seamless implementation for UHD 4K2K Video Product Developers.
AL361 is designed for multi-purpose applications that require high-performance digital image processing, small size and low power, therefore, it is an ideal choice for decision makers looking to develop optimal solutions at a low cost and in a quick time to market.
- Highly integrated single chip
- Embedded 8051 MCU, low power DDR, flash and video processing engine with small-size
package LFBGA-249 12×12 mm.
- Varietal video input/output interfaces
- Dual-channel video processing engine with SD, HD digital video combinations, such as 24-bit
RGB, 16-bit YC and 8-bit YC inputs and outputs.
- Video Processing
- Configurable flexi-port supports de-interlacing, cropping, scaling, OSD, format conversion, PIP
and POP for 4K2K display
AverLogic’s AL362 is a fully programmable 4K2K Ultra HD video processor for Quad View / Multiple Display / TV Wall applications. It is a multi-channel video stream System-on-a-Chip (SoC) that supports Flexi-Port and multiple streams inputs with multiple graphics/video formats capable and mixing captured frames output with overlaying, alpha blending effects, etc. It can be used for most of the video conversion and image processing applications.
- Supports 64-bit 4-port Inputs and 2-port outputs with different video contents.
- Supports varieties of SD, HD video input combinations, such as dual 24-bit, quad 16-bit, quad 8-bit for video convert to designate video windows/switching plus alpha blending output with OSD.
- Supports digital RGB/YUV raw data, BT.656, BT.1120 input or 4x clock multiplexing data timing at maximum 150Mhz clock rate.
- Configurable Flexi-Port supports odd/even pixel and Double-Data-Rate (DDR) bus interface for industrial video ASIC, such as HDMI transmitter/receiver, solutions (no glue-logic required) in high resolution video design, such as UltraHD 4k2k applications.
- Supports window composition of multiple input videos, such as PiP, PoP and quad display for maximum 4k2k input/output resolution.
- Allows cropping/splitting input video as sub-window for multi-display outputs.
- Video processing engine supports varieties of video manipulations, such as D1 de-interlacing, timing base conversion, cropping, Image freeze.
- Supports Character (font), Icon-Based and 8-bit Bitmap OSD overlay.
- Embedded 8051 MCU and setup chip configuration via i2c bus.
- Supports SPI for firmware download.
- Cost effective, low power (1.8V core & 1.8V-3.3V I/O) in 249-pin Lead Free (PBF)
- LFBGA package, small foot-print design principle
AverLogic’s AL360 is a multi-functional video conversion SOC. It includes embedded DDR memory, embedded MCU, video processing engine, RGB DAC and TV encoder. The video processor supports video input with multiple video formats, video output with de-interlacing and scaling effects. The AverLogic’s proprietary scaling algorithm supports video scaled up and scaled down function, the resolution is up to 1920×1080 independently in horizontal & vertical directions. It also provides de-interlacing, mirror, flip and processes the interlaced video to be displayed on progressive panels or analogue RGB DAC output. The 256-colour OSD engine is used for displaying a colourful menu tree on screen.
The AL360 supports power saving mode, and can operate under low power voltages (3.3V, 1.8V and 1.2V) in 249-pin Lead Free (PBF) LFBGA packages.
- Data and Control interfaces – Low voltage detection for battery control, UART, interrupt and GPIO for MCU user’s interface control.
- Embedded MCU80251, Embedded Low Power DDR-SDRAM, Embedded power management and power saving control.
- Scaling, Interlacing, de-lacing, format conversion, video freeze, zoom, flip, mirror, rotation, 256-Colour OSD, and more
- Inputs – RGB888, BT.1120-16bit, YCbCr, BT656
- Outputs – RGB888, BT.1120-16bit, YCbCr, BT656, Analog RGB DAC, CVBS/S-video
- Comprehensive Developer’s Kit, fully functional EVB board.
The AL462 UHD FIFO provides the world’s largest and fastest First-In-First-Out (FIFO) data queuing memory used by wide-range 4K2K Ultra HD video/audio applications in broadcast, video surveillance, Medical, Camera Image Processing and Industrial Instrument Markets.
The AL462 consists of 512Mbits memory size and can be configured as an 16Mx32-bit or 16Mx16-bitx2 bus interface and operated at maximum R/W speeds up to 150 MHz; equivalent to 9.6GB/sec of simultaneous read/write data throughput.
The AL462 UHD FIFO provides easy-to-use I/O interfaces and controls, such as selectable control signal polarity, two frame buffer modes, facilitating usage in multimedia systems, video capture systems and various video data buffering applications.
Manufactured using state-of-the-art technologies and available as a 249-ball LFBGA package, allow product designers to keep power consumption and real estate to a minimum.
- 512M-bits configurable to 32-bit or 16-bit x2 bus width FIFO (First-In-First-Out) memory
- Independent input/output synchronous data access (different I/O data rates acceptable)
- Supports one 16Mx32-bit or dual 16Mx16-bit organisations
- High speed synchronous sequential access in Maximum 150Mhz clock rate
- 9.6 GB/sec simultaneous R/W throughput
- Supports input/output enable controls
- Selectable control signal polarity
- Gated Read clock Output
- Supports 2-frame mode for double buffering
- 1.8V/3.3V power supply
- Standard 249-ball LFBGA package
The AL330B is a highly integrated Display SOC, containing a 3-Ch + 10-bit ADC, 2D Video Decoder, Deinterlacer, Scaler, Microcontroller, OSD, and TCON. The AL330B can support small to medium Digital TFT-LCD Panels and small to medium AMOLED Display Devices.
The AL330B is a multi-channel analogue preprocessing circuit, which includes source selection; anti-aliasing filter; ADC, ACC (Auto-Clamp Control) and AGC (Auto-Gain Control); CGC (Clock Generation Circuit); digital multi-standard decoder containing chrominance and luminance separation from an adaptive 2D comb filter; brightness, contrast, hue and saturation control circuit; programmable horizontal and vertical scaler; image and sharpness enhancement processing; On-Screen-Display; programmable TCON; and a digital RGB signal output etc.